Wednesday 18 January 2017

Ax Regiment based and primed

These models are single piece miniatures, which saves a lot of time when prepping them, but a large chunk of that time is lost when it comes to cleaning mould lines, and, in my case, removing the integral bases and attaching the new ones. So it's for reasons of time as well as economy that I've decided to represent regiments with 12 minis rather than the 'proper' 20. That's perfectly fine within the rules, as long they occupy the right unit footprint. I haven't quite decided what to do about movement trays- that's a blog post all by itself.




The standard bearer here is a simple conversion. The moon shape is made from plasticard, chopped up and knocked about and lashed to the pole with thin wire that I'll paint to look like hide strips. I'ce continued the theme of using a looted knight's helm as a topper.



The moon shape will be echoed on their shields, which I've got a plan for...

No comments:

Post a Comment